Search
  • Rose Thompson

The meaning and creation of ANVE

ANVE is pronounced "on-vay". It means taking consciousness from practice on our surfboards and putting it into the practice of our every day lives. At heart, learning how to feel in day to day life, the same way you feel when you are on your surfboard.


When creating ANVE we knew we wanted to create swimwear that was as sustainable as possible and needed in the swimwear industry. We were determined to produce a brand that conveyed a love of traveling off the beaten path, discovering new places, cultures, colors and prints but mostly supporting our love and respect for the ocean.


Did you know that our oceans cover more than 70% of the Earth's surface and 50-80% of the Earth's oxygen is produced by the ocean? Whether you grew up near the ocean or not, the ocean has impacted you or affected you in some way, shape or form.


We use Italian fabric made from recycled fishing nets, 80% being the repurposed fishing nets and the other 20% being the stretch needed to maintain the perfect fit.





15 views